Thursday, October 20, 2011

DisneyLand Paris + my b-day

The entrance
 Hello pumkins!

In my feverish fumbling I've come to you today to talk about DisneyLand Paris <3 We went there with my Erasmus friends on Sunday. There was a special offer for the inhabitants of region of Ile-De-France which said: "30 euros on working days or 40 euros on weekends/ one park". We decided to visit the park this semester and next semester we are going to visit Disney Studios.

I was so excited to go there! I've seen the commercial on the beginning of every Disney movie since I was a child. The glory was diminished a bit by the fact that my throat was hurting and I didn't have any voice in the morning but since I already paid for the tickets I decided to go with my friends.
Sleepin Beauty Castle


We took a train 08H30 from our place to go to Châletes Les Halle and took RER (logal train) A to direction Marne-La-Vallée. The jurney took 1H30 but it was totally worth it. DisneyLand is exactly there when you walk out of the RER station. We saw the entrance gates when we came out and went in. The lines for the tickets were really short and we got in almost immidiately.

In the beginning I was jumping up and down like a little child. To my fortune so where everybody else. The main street of DisneyLand is filled with stores and food places. From one of the stores I bought Minnie ears with one of my friend. I actually wore them the whole day (because I'm such an adult). There was a live band playing music from Disney movies in Town Square. With our group of 10 people we decided to take a group picture in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle so that we could divide into groups and do what we wanted.



We reached the Central Plaza and there was a show going on with the Disney caracters including for example Cruella DeVille, Red Queen, Maleficent and Jafar. We figured that it would be easier to take the picture later so we went for our first ride: Space Mountain: Mission 2 which is a roller coasted with a lot of spinning, turns, breaks and speed. This turned out to be the best ride! It's also the best roller-coaster I've ever been to! My friends visited it 3 times. Usually the wating times to best rides are 45-55min but because it was so early and everyone else were watching the performance we got in in 20 minutes.

To the best rides there was a fast ticket option. It means that you take a piece of paper near the ride and it tells you a time to be at the ride for cutting the line. I think this is a really good invention and it saves you a lot of queuing. I took this fast ticket only once but my friends were using it a lot.

After the first rides we went and took the group picture and then divided up to groups. I went to Fantasyland with an English and a Turkish girl. Fantasyland is the side of the park mostly for little kids but we wanted to see the Disney stuff instead of going to every ride like the others.



My Minnie ears
First we saw the Sleeping Beauty Castle. It was a really pretty place with nice pictures telling the story of the Sleeping Beauty.

In Fantasyland we saw Snow White, Rapunzel, The Mad Hatter and the twins from Alice in Wonderland (whose names I don't remember). We also saw Alice's Curious Labyrinth and Mad Hatter's Tea Cups. Alice's Curious Labyrinth stood by its name by being really weird maze. We actually did get lost with my friends and when it was time to get out it took quite some time to find out way out. There was no line for the labyrinth when we got there so we just walked in. Mad Hatter's Tea Cups was an ok ride - normal tea cups with his name on it. The cups we were sitting in were cute though. The wating time for Tea Cups was aroung 15min.
The Parade
 After we had seen the Fantasyland we saw our friends for eating.The food was really expensive and I've had better, but it's not possible to survive from the day without eating. A couple of my friend were wise and took food with them to the park, which I highly recommend. I also had a little snack with me so that I didn't have to spend a fortune for food in the park.

After eating with my two friends we headed towards Discoveryland. Here we visited Star Tours which I likes really much since I like Star Wars. It was a room with a big screen and the room moved accordingly to what happened in the screen and it made you feel like you were in a spaceship. We wated for 15min to get into this one. We then visited Pirates of the Caribbean in Adventureland. It was a boat trip indoors that was really well made. It was the best pirate ride I've ever been to! When you went indoors it was so well made that I forgot that I was indoors. We queued maybe for 20 min to get to the boat trip. And what's best when we came out from the ride we saw Jack Sparrow! Aftere we purchased fastpass tickets to Buzz Lightyear Blast and went to other end of the park called Frontierland.

In Frontierland we visited Phantom Manor. The beginning was really interesting when they put us into a room that expanded. After that it was just a normal ride in a wagon. It was really nice though. After this it was just running around the park and seeing all the rest of the rides. We visited Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril which was a really nice ride. And we only had to queue for 5min! We practically just walked in there. The second last ride was Peter Pan's Flight which I enjoyed almost the most. It was really unique and well done: in the ride you were in a boat flying over London during night. All the stars and miniatures were really well made. The wating time for this one was 30min but we got in in 20minutes. It would have also been a good ending, but we went to use our fastpass tickets and hit the last ride: Buzz Lightyear Blast. The story behind this ride was of course Toy Story. We had nice weapons and the aim was to get as many points as we can by shooting targets while the wagon was moving. I think that this was a good last ride and left me with a good feeling to go home with.

In all this ride hopping and tunning we managed to see the Disney Parade (most of the pictures are from there). It takes place every day at 5pm. We saw all the caracters and the parade was really enjoyable. I think all the people were acting their caracters really well. Especially Jack Sparrow was so good! And also the Mad Hatter, he was so funny.

When we left the park around 8H30 I had a fever and when we got home around 10H30 I was really dead. On monday morning I was really sick too, I was totally in my own universe in the morning.. But I wouldn't have missed DisneyLand for anything!!

And then to other things: today was my birthday. I'm still a bit sick, but today I went to my lessons unlike on monday and tuesday. The highlight of today was when four of my friends came to my door singing "joyeux anniversaire" with a cake! It was such a surprise, I was in my pyjamas and all :) They really made this day feel like my birthday.

We are having partial exams in 2 weeks and I'm starting to be really stressed about them.. I really feel like my French is not strong enough to do them. But I'll try my best and I'll study so hard!!

By the way people are telling me every day that they can hear how my French is getting better :) yesterday I went to a pharmacy with a German girl and when I talked with the pharmacist she said "Wow! Impressive!". She has heard my weak attemps of talking French at first so I really liked it. Also today I practised with my tenses for telling the future and the past and instantly one of my French friends told me that she can hear the difference. It's really couraging to hear people tell you that you are improving. So all you people there studying some language, go and talk with a native speaker! :P

I think this was most of the stuff I wanted to say :) take care and kisses! Enjoy the pictures I took for you.


The Mad Hatter


On top of the Minnie ears I bought lollipops :) I'm a sugar tooth..

1 comment:

  1. Noi Minni-korvat passaa sulle oikeesti tosi hyvin. Pidä niitä :D. Oot söpö.

    sisko edelleen :)

    ReplyDelete