Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hating, loving France

One wall of my room
Hello cupcakes!

I have been reading other exchange blogs and I think I should have a map here from where I am and so on. Also I would like to show pictures of the campus and my room. I should make a round soon with my camera :)

Well. I'm having problems with courses again. On Thursday in the lecture of inorganic chemistry the professor started writing gibberish on the blackboard. It turns out that there has been a course of symmetry that has ended already and the teachers are now using it as a base for the other courses. I talked with the professor of inorganic chemistry and she said that symmetry is a really important course and I should have taken it. WELL the exams are in one week and I should study this course of symmetry on top of all the other courses. And even if I study the symmetry stuff I'm not going to get credits for it because half of the exam has already been held.



I was really pissed about this because at least 3 people have seen my learning agreement and they didn't tell me that I should take the course of symmetry. I calculated the credits that I might be able to get and it seems like I'd be getting 15 credits instead of 32 that I was planning to have. I have to get 45 credits this year so I was really upset about this discovery. Next semester I should pass all my exams to get 30 credits if I get only 15 now - moreover what courses can I take in spring if I don't pass the courses now?

In Finland the courses are independent so we can take the courses in any order AND if there is a course you should take before some other course it's written in the info of the course. Nice to know that this isn't the case here 2 month too late.. Also in Finland the lectures and practises aren't compulsory and we can sign in to any exam, so it's really easy to replace credits if you don't pass one course. Also in Finland we can try the exam 3 times for every course. In here this kind of a system is unknown. I think in spring there might be renewal exams here too but I'm not sure. I'd prefer passing the exams now.

It's irritating me so much that stuff in this country don't work! I'm still wating for my ImagineR.. We talked to one guy from the office with my friend and we should send the letter for getting the card again.  I just might go yealling to some other office. It's really irritating not to be able to go anywhere from here without paying.

Then to some happier stuff: they put on the heating in our building!! Oh the joy. I was sleeping with 3 blankets and sitting in my room with shoes and jackets and everything on so I'm really happy.

 



I'm also really happy to realize how my French skills are advancing! Now I have been studying verbes every evening. Nowadays I also read out loud all the sentences from books when I know the meaning. I have also noticed that now I can most likely reason the meaning of some word when I don't know the meaning. I also talked with my mom and we discussed the possibility of me moving to study here permanately. I don't know what I want to study and in France there are more options than in Finland. I have to see what happens.

But I'm off to reading to my exams. Like I told you, the partials are in one week :P

Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment