Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The best exam ever

I had the exam of quantum chemistry just now. It didn't go that well, but I loved taking the exam.


Let us start the explanation with saying that when I told the professor of quantum chemistry that I'm an Erasmus student, I was immediately on his list of "students that need special attention". He is generally a really nice person, he is really passionate about his work and he is helping everyone equally. Always when I don't understand something during lessons he comes to me and explains the thing to me with patience and really easy French. He has also helped me with my homework that we have had every week.

During the exam he came to me 3 times telling me that I can do the exam in English if I want. Earlier I've asked him if I can use English if I don't remember some word in French (and of course he gave this his blessing). I had only little idea of how the easier exercises were done, but I managed with the hardest one that we have had recently in class. The professor specially came to tell me that the last question was hard. Never the less I started with it and after he came to check on me again he said that it was going well :) The prof also helped me a little with small stuff in the exercises. I think that might have made the others a bit jealous..

I'm really sure if I were French I wouldn't have passed the exam with what I managed, but I'm actually really happy. The fact that I could do the exercise that we have done recently shows that my French has really gotten better! This is what I told the professor too: in the beginning it was impossible for me to follow the lessons and  to take good notes. It was really motivating to take the exam to see my own progress :)

I still have one exam to do: inorganic chemistry. I better continue reading to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment