Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween



 Salut poussins!

It has been a while :P At the moment I should be reading to an exam but well.. I have to keep you posted!

So what has happened this week. My first laboratory courses started! They actually started last week but I forgot to mention it. It's really nice actually. With my partner K we are always messing things up and I'm causing accidents but it's OK. The professor knows that I'm an exchange students so I get a little bit of special attention. There are some totally new equipment for me so it's really hard for me to work with them (which is exactly why the prof has to look after me). The prof also told me that during the laboratory exam I have to ask for his help with the equipment so that I don't ruin my work.. At the moment we have laboratory of organic chemistry and quantum chemistry, then we'll have TP* of inorganic chemistry and molecular orbital theory.
* (the French abbreviation for Travaux Pratiques = practical work or studies)


I also had a talk with the head of the Licence 3 of chemistry and he told me that if I take 4 exams next week and I manage with my courses I'd get 22,5 credits (1credit = 1ECTS) from this semester. It's OK because I have to study 45 credits during my time here. At the same time I'm a bit disappointed because I would have loved to get 30 credits from this semester so that I didn't have to worry about my credits during the next one. BUT the professor also told me that we are going to have polymer chemistry next semester. I just love polymer chemistry! :)

This is a list of my courses at the moment:
[name of the course; ECTS]


Quantum chemistry 1: 5
Organic chemistry 1: 5
Inorganic chemistry 1: 5
Symmetry: 2
Molecule orbitals: 2
French: 2.5
German for beginners: 2.5


Hmm I don't really know how the professor got 22,5 from this but that's what he has written to my papers :D I wasn't taking the course of symmetry at first so I'm not sure if I can pass the exams next week. I doubt it.


And then changing the subject: Halloween! I really enjoyed Halloween his time! Normally in Finland it's no a big thing but in here it was. Many of my friends and me dressed up as zombies. I was the zombie version of  Minnie Mouse :P I just took the ears I bought from Disneyland Paris. What's the point of them if I don't use them every once and a while? I think we had really great time. I went to Paris into a party with all the others but I didn't stay there for long.

And then the story behind the first picture. The family whose children I take care of gave me truffles! Oh my they were SO good! I really like this family :) My mom is coming here with my aunt and cousin in 3 weeks and the family invited us to go to a dinner at their place.

But now I could read a bit of organic chemistry as a bedtime story! Enjoy the pictures of me with my friends :P

No comments:

Post a Comment