Tuesday, January 10, 2012

French "winter" and exam week

 Before I came here I knew that French people don't know anything about winter. I was prepared to laugh at them when the temperature hits -5C and they are freezing to death.

This winter have denied me this pleasure.

It's between +5C and +10C every day. I'm still using my summer clothes. We haven't seen snow or ice here. People have been telling me that this has been a really warm winter.


 Well today I took pictures of trees that we have in our backyard. One of them is actually making flowers. And still people manage to complain how cold it is.. This weather is perfect! It's not too warm and not too cold :)

The only minus side of this weather is that they have the heating on in our rooms and it's awful. At this very moment I have a window open because it's just unbearable when it's closed. I have heard from my friends that they are sitting in their rooms almost naked. Especially during Christmas it has been really warm in the rooms and I'm happy that I was in Finland back then.

Well anyway. I got my papers for CAF. They responded to me that I need to fill them a paper telling that I have money to pay my rent.... Oooookay. Like I'd tell them if I didn't! It's nice to finally have some answers from them. It turned out that they are going to pay the allowance straight to my residence and not for me. They are paying all the allowances starting from October so I'm going to have a couple months of "free rent" :) I know this because my friends have already got their CAFs.

This week is our exam week. I'm lucky and I have 6.. Today I had my exam of Organic chemistry and I really hope that I passed it. Tomorrow I'm going to have Quantum chemistry, on Thursday I'll have Inorganic chemistry and German and finally on Friday I'll have Molecule-orbital theory (however we translate it) and then I'm free for two days! Also some day I should do a level test of English.

I decided to take an English course too this semester. I talked about it with my Uni first and then I talked with people here. I talked a bit with the professor keeping the courses and she welcomed me to her course. I'm not getting any credits that I can use in my bachelor for this because I've already done all my English courses in Finland, this is mostly just for fun.

Me and my friend Lisa went to see Gospel last weekend! It was amazing. I'm going to get the pictures from her later today and I hope to post something.

Well here I go again to revise for my exam tomorrow.. Have fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment