Saturday, February 4, 2012

New semester

Salut!

My next semester started and I'm so relaxed and enjoying it so much. This semester is much easier than the last one because we have less lessons. We are going to have a lot of laboratory courses but it's ok.

People started talking today that we are going to get the results for our exams this week.. I'm not so sure I want to see them! On the other hand I "only" have to do 45 credits this year so even if I only passed one exam worth 5 credits I'm closer to my goal.

This month I'm going back to Finland for a little trip! I can't wait to see my dog and guinea pigs.. We have our winter vacation next month and my mom needs me in Finland. We are going to have our spring break of two weeks in April and I'm planning a trip to Prague and Dresden for that. I have a friend who lives in Czech Republic and I'd like to use this opportunity because I've never been there. One of my Finnish friends is in Dresden now to do her exchange, so I'm thinking about visiting her too in spring break.



 Last week first people left for their home countries.. The farewell party was bittersweet. Especially I miss my German friend Lisa. I'm planning on visiting her in April.

As you can see from the pictures winter here in Paris is just.. awful. Now we started to have days when we actually have -1C but it's really nothing. I actually took up jogging because it's nice to run when it's not too hot. Of course every friend of mine is complaining like it would be too cold for them to be. In Finland it's -30C now and I can't wait to go there in a couple of weeks :P

All of my CAF papers are almost ready. They send me a letter that I need to give them a birth certificate (which we don't do in Finland..), a note from the University that I'm attending and a letter telling them that I have money to pay my rent. I was really amused about the last one. Like I'd tell them if I didn't have money to pay!

This week I've been sending e-mails all over Finland finding out what I have to do about this birth certificate thing. The paper has to be in French including information of my parents. First of all because we don't have birth certificates in Finland they have to give me some other paper that costs 35 €. Then to prove that this paper is good they are going to stamp it and send me another paper that costs 11 €. This is what I found out from the embassy of Finland in Paris. Then I send an e-mail to the register office in my hometown and they told me that they don't do the paper in French and asked me to send an e-mail to the capital of Finland. So now I have a letter coming from Helsinki with all of the papers that I need and I hope that I'll get this CAF-thing sorted out next week!

Yesterday I visited my friends in here and we had a little BBQ. Tomorrow I'm going to Paris for a gig of Synthetic Waterfall in "Le Klub". Enjoy my wintry pictures! ;) Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment