Friday, May 11, 2012

Dresden

 Hi cookies!

It has been forever.. But to be fair it wasnt possible for me to update the blog because my computer broke down. I was really upset because I just bought it last year. One of my Spanish friends lend me his computer (thank you Alvaro!) and then I had to wait for the university to fix my internet connection to this computer. Now all my pictures and everything are in Finland with my computer because I send it there to be fixed.

Before I start talking about Dresden I d like to than all these people who have left comments on my blog! It is really nice to know that some people are actually reading this :)

 Well then. About Dresden. I spent 5 days there after spending time with my friend in Czech. And oh my is Dresden gorgeous or what! All those old buildings and beautiful landscapes. It was also really warm when I was there and I liked it a lot. It was also easy because my friend was with me and she spoke German :) I'm supposed to talk a little but actually I didn't talk almost at all. But with her friends I was happy to realize that I undestand German quite well.

Dresden is rather small city but I liked it a lot. I could imagine myself living there. Especially the Dresden Castle (Dresden Scgloss) was amazing. Most of the time we just walked around there so I didn't know where we were. The tram system was quite good but mostly we just walked with my friend. I was really happy to talk Finnish again with a Finnish person even though after spending 8 months abroad both of us talked "Finglish" :D It was funny to realize how you forget your own mother tongue.

One day I went to the university of Dresden with my friend. She is studying chemistry there. The university was really well orginized and all the professors talked English. I was amused to realize that in Germany the professors have an assistant who whipe the blackboard for them! I wish they had the same system in France. In Finland we use whiteboards so the broblem is not huge when the professor whipes it clean in a hurry. Here in France when they "clean" the blackboard and they write with white on white it´s impossible to read sometimes.

One day we met this man that was collectin money for his bachelor party. He was selling little stuff like condoms and alcohol and we could cut pieces from his jeans. With my friend we learned that this is a normal thing in Germany and we bought stuff from him and signed his t-shirt. I think this is a nice way to get money for a bachelor party and I hope it will come to Finland at some point.

And then to the present: I had a French exam yesterday and it was awful. They gave us 14 pages of grammar, 4 reading comprehensions, 5 listening comprehensions and an essay of 200 words in 2 hours. This French system with the exams is really over the top, I'm not even sure a French person could have finished all that work in 2 hours. I didn't have time to do all the exorcises so I think I didn't do too well. But as long as I get the credits I can take the worse mark.

Enjoy the pictures taken from Dresden :) I'll try to figure out this Spanish keyboard and then I'll try to get the pictures from my camera that I can write the story from Barcelona! Take care.













No comments:

Post a Comment