Thursday, December 15, 2011

Colles - Oral exams and Christmas shopping

Hello pumpkins !

Just telling about colles. I think the best translation in English would be "oral exams" so I'll use that from now on :)

This week I have only 4 oral exams, French and German courses and one laboratory of inorganic chemistry. That means that my amount of work dropped from the normal 30-35 hours/week to 10 hours! I have to revise but I still feel like I'm on holidays.

Yesterday I can my oral exam of inorganic chemistry. I wouldn't party with the results.. But the professor also told me that inorganic chemistry is really hard so I feel a bit better. I still have time to read for the final exam. Today I had my oral exam for orbital molecular theory (or whatever the translation is..) so I'll still have organic chemistry and quantum chemistry to do.

Today was a nice day because I had 40 minutes of stuff to do. When I went to my oral exam I wasn't well prepared (heh) but I think I did really well! I almost had a heart attack in the exam when the professor started speaking Swedish. She read my name and asked if I was Finnish and then decided that she suggested to keep the exam in Swedish (she was from Sweden). I can't describe the feeling when I go to an exam that you think that is in French and suddenly someone wants to keep in Swedish :D I started sentences in Swedish and ended them in French so in the ends we had the exam in French. It has been such a long time since I spoke Swedish - like 3 years - that I just couldn't switch from French to Swedish.

Tomorrow I'm going to pack my back and on Saturday I'm heading to Finland. My friends told me that there is snow now so I can go :) I can't wait to see my pets!!

I have already bought some things to bring to Finland for my friends, but I still have to find something. Last weekend we went to Paris for Christmas shopping with my friend E. She is from England so we started talking in French but after maybe 10 minutes changed to English. She is so much better in French that she should be explaining everything she says so it's easier to talk in English.

There are huge Christmas markets on Champs-Elysées and La Defense. We went to Printemps first which is a huge shopping mall in Paris. It was packed with people and there were polices on the streets to make sure that cars can drive because people crossing roads were blocking all traffic. I didn't find anything from Printemps but after that we headed to Champs-Elysées. The original idea was that we'd check out La Defense too but there was just too much to see in Champs-Elysées that we didn't have time.

Champs-Elysées at the end of the Ferris wheel was packed with stands with different things. I found stuff to bring to my grandparents from there and I was really happy. We also tasted Glühwein meaning hot wine. In Finland we always drink that stuff with red wine but here I tasted it with white wine. I have to say I like the red version more.

Sadly the Christmas market was there only for one week. I really recommend it to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment