Monday, April 23, 2012

Prague

Hello cupcakes!

Oh my the pause between my posts has been horribly long again! I apologise! To my defense I've been really busy and I've been sick too.

Well anyway last weekend I was in Prague! It was my first time in Czech Republic and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Everything was so cheap and the quality was still good! Czech food was amazing.

The days in Prague I spent in an hostel and the rest of the time in Czech I was in my friend's house. I originally went to Czech to see her and I was with her for a week :) it was really nice to be with her for the last time I saw her was in August.


Church of Our Lady Before Tyn
I flew to Prague with EasyJet on Friday and we left Prague on Sunday. On Friday night we saw many of the main sights and our idea was to visit them on Saturday. However I managed to get a bad case of a flue and on Saturday I was sleeping in a coma at the hostel. So in the end we saw all the attractions from outside and we could visit only a couple of them. On Sunday we visited the Petřin-tower and the castle of Prague.

Everything in Prague is in a walking-distance and I really liked this about the city. There were restaurantd everywhere and we ate each night in a different place. I don't normally like beer but in Czech especially the dark ones were amazing.

The currency in Czech is "Czech koruna" and ~25CZK = 1 €. Everything was so cheap!! I recommend visiting Czech at some point. My prejudice was that the country would be a miserable undeveloped dumb but actually it was really modern and lovely. I could see myseld living there.

People didn't speak too much English and this was a problem at some points. Czech people were trying to get money from me and my friend because of this. Most of the people were really nice but some shopkeepers were really greedy. I talked with a Czech friend of mine and he told me that Czech is a really safe country but corruption and taking money from foreigners are big problems.

I think that Czech is pretty hard to learn. The language has some special sounds that don't exist in other languages and the grammar is really different from English. During this one week in Czech I managed to pick up how to say "good day", "hello", "thank you", "please" and "bye" but they are really hard. I also find the writing really interesting. What I like in Czech are the long vowels that exist in Finnish too. It's almost a shame that were I live in Finland it's not possible to take Czech lessons.

On Sunday last week we left Prague behind and headed to Prostějov but that's worth an own post :)

Enjoy the pictures!

The Castle of Prague



Pink painkillers!

Gulasch



Main railwaystation




No comments:

Post a Comment