Monday, August 29, 2011

Belgium

So so so..

Tomorrow morning I'm saying goodbye to Antwerp and going to Paris! It takes only 2 hours to get from here to Paris. I'm so excited that I think I can't sleep. I just finished packing. It's really nice how I almost couldn't close my suitcases in Finland and I've gotten new stuff to them from every country. At least the other suitcase closed and we'll see about the other one in the morning.

Antwerp (or Antwerpen) is such a great city! It's so big that it feels like it never ends. My friend here was also really nice and at least I had fun (I don't know about him of course). The railwaystation is the biggest one I've ever seen. It's in 4 or 5 floors and had almost 30 platforms. When I came here I realized that my phone operator doesn't work here.. It was a nice surprise when I tried to call my friend when I didn't find him from the railwaystation. Well I hope no one tried to reach me while I was here.

Saturday we went to see the city of Antwerp. This city is so huge! He took me under the Schelde river that goes through the city. The tunnel is a 500m of white walls. The other side of the river was almost another world compeared to the city on the other side: it was a park and seemed more like an own smaller city than a part of Antwerp. He also took me to eat Belgian waffles. It was to die for :P I also ate Bitterballen (some kind of Belgian fried meatballs).

The funniest thing ever happened in the city! There was some campain about shoes and beer so they took a picture of my friend and me and made it a label! I really love the bottles we got from them with out pictures on them.

I send a message to the University where I'm going to study about my keys. I'm going to arrive to Paris on Monday, my courses start on Tuesday but I was about to get my flat on Thursday. I send the message in French and I was endlessly happy because there were only 2 mistakes.  They answered that I can have to key tomorrow so I'm really happy that I have a place to go.

But I have to wake up kinda early tomorrow so I should propably go to sleep. I have to look at my best for Paris! I have a friend coming to pick me up from the railwaystation and he is going to help me to pick the keys and such. Tomorrow I should also buy my ImagineR card and start to think about which operator I want for my phone.

I hope my French is ok for going there.. Sleep tight!





1 comment:

  1. Ah, Belgium! I've been in Antwerpen too, it was very nice! And those waffles... :p

    ReplyDelete