Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Italy

Hello and sweet feelings!

Now I've experienced Bologna and Venice. I came to Bologna on Saturday. The weather is awfull for a Finn: from +35 to +40C every day. Today was the hottest day with +45C. Even during the night the temperature doesn't drop under +25C. It's really hard for me to sleep.. When I left Finland it was +10C!



Bologna is a really nice city with a lot of places to see. All the places in the city are so old. Of course air conditioning would be a big plus.. I'm visiting my Italian friend here. She has a Czech and Slovakian visiting here too. Welcome to the international house of my friend! :) I knew all these people before this so it's nice. My friend has introduces us to two of her Italian friends too.

We visited Venice last Sunday. We left kinda early in the morning and we were in Venice around one. We walked the whole day! We saw all the main attractions. I especially loved the statues that you see in one picture. And plague doctor stuff that you see on the first picture. That's the exact outfit that plague doctors used in Middle Ages. The main canal was also really beautifull.

We had a little adventure when we tried to get back to Bologna. All the trains were booked! So we were in Venice with no transport back to Bologna. We went to the next railwaystation and booked a ticket without seats to a train that would have left the next morning. When a train to Bologna came in midnight my Slovakian friend girl kinda seduced the conductor so that we could get in. So always have a Slovakian girl with you so that you can make sure to get to a train.

I've eaten so good Italian food. It's really different from Finnish food.  Italians eat especially much of cheese called squacquerone. It's a bit bitter compeared to a Finnish cheese. They also eat pasta a lot. And the best pizza ever was in Venice! But one thing I don't like about Italian food: the sweet breakfast. I'm never going to get used to it.. In Finland we have salty breakfast so all these cakes and nutella in the morning make me almost sick. But at least they don't have chocolate bread here like in France. That's one of the most discusting thing I've even eaten.

Today I'm leaving for Bremen, Garmany at 11pm. I just can't wait for 13 hours in a train.. My suitcases are so heavy that I can't even carry them :D Next report comes after Bremen.

No comments:

Post a Comment