Monday, August 29, 2011

Finally in Paris..

Hello pumpkins!

So today at 14.25 I arrived to Paris. I had a lot of problems with my trains. I forgot to take a seat reservation with my InterRail ticket to the train from Antwerp to Paris: so they kicked me out in Brussels. I reserved a place from Brussels to Lille and from Lille to Paris-Nord. My phone wasn't working for the entire time and I had a friend wating in Paris for me. Note to self: be more carefull!!

It's really good that I have a friend here. First of all because of the incident with the trains I was late for getting my key for my dorm. Luckily my friend is a nice guy so I can spent the night here at his familys place. He helped me with shopping for pillows and such. He also helped me to open my own French phone number! Everyone I asked suggested prepaid so I'm having one with the company called Orange. It costed 15e to open the telephone subscriber connection and then I loaded speaking time to it with 35e. When you buy calling time with 35e you get 10 euros for free.

Tomorrow he or his mom is going to help me with buying the ImagineR card for trains and also with getting the key for my apartment. I also have to start checking how to get CAF (local housing allowance if I wrote it correctly).

But well. Now I have people around me who can help me with my prononciation so I'm off to study some French. I have my first day at the Uni tomorrow.. I'm so nervous! Like first day at school!

Sleep well

No comments:

Post a Comment